Eldritch appears to have a touch of old Nethack adage "The Devs thought of everything" to it. This page lists unexpected interactions, accidental deaths and other clever features.
Death by MisadventureEdit
- A rock may ricochet and strike the player. In my experience it did at least 3 damage and killed me outright.
- Rocks always cause exactly three damage to the player after a ricochet as far as I can tell.
- Impact to dynamite will start the fuse. This will annoy shopkeepers if it occurs within their shop.
- Shooting dynamite causes it to immediately explode.
A Huge MistakeEdit
- Performed by killing yourself with an unloaded revolver.
Tripping over YourselfEdit
- Firing a tripwire into a wall you're facing.
Shoggoth Trouble Edit
- Finding the Summon spell for the first time, skipping the text, and using it at my feet with one health left.
- Seeing how many shoggoths will fit into one room, them promptly falling into it.
Easter Eggs? Edit
If you look at the ledger in the library near where you first spawn when starting a new game, the name of the Library is the Elder Ridge Library, located in Arkham, MA, with the last checkout date occurring apparently in 1929. Arkham is a fictional town in many of Lovecraft's works, and "Elder Ridge" is a pun on "Eldritch".