Boots affect the explorer's movement in various ways.
- Climbing Boots: "A Stylish pair of hiking boots with spiked soles. While wearing these boots, you are safe from falling damage, and walking beneath icicles will not cause them to fall."
Notes: These boots only appear in the Halloween World and Mountains of Madness.
- Jump Boots: "A rugged pair of boots with springs mounted in its soles. Wearing these boots lets you jump higher than normal." Shop Price: 20 Artifacts.
Notes: The explorer can jump one block higher than normal. (Normal jumps are two blocks high.) It appears the explorer also gains a slightly faster walk speed while wearing these boots. Combining these boots with the Leap spell allows for even higher jumping.
- Speed Boots: "A garish pair of boots decorated with feathers. Wearing this boots lets you run faster than normal." Shop Price: 30 Artifacts.
Notes: The Speed Boots make normal walking speed count as running speed, so the explorer will need to crouch to walk through spikes without injury.
- Stealth Boots: "A modest pair of boots with padded soles. Wearing these boots silences your footsteps." Shop Price: 40 Artifacts.
Notes: Combining these boots with the Cloak spell causes complete invisibility; nothing can hear the explorer, and nothing can see the explorer, either.
- Sandals: "A humble pair of dusty sandals. These sandals do not impart any apparent ability" Found in the shadow world accessed by Dusty Book in the hidden room in the second world of Nyarlathotep area. The item has no practical use, but is required for the Great Finale .
Kits provide practical advantages for the explorer.
- Lockpick Kit: "A heavy canvas bag containing a variety of steel lockpicks and other tools. Carrying this kit lets you open locked doors without expending keys. Doors opened in this way remain locked to other travelers. This kit also lets you add a lock to any unlocked door. It costs 5 Artifacts to lock a door." Shop Price: 75 Artifacts.
- Medical Kit: "A sturdy plastic case containing all manner of medical supplies. Carrying this kit lets you save yourself from mortal damage. It costs 50 Artifacts to revive from death, but the kit may be used an unlimited number of times. Using the medical kit restores you with 3 health." Shop price: 45 Artifacts.
- Tinning Kit: "A worn metal box containing equipment used to preserve foods. Carrying this kit lets you consume the corpses of non-human enemies to restore your health. It costs 20 Artifacts to tin and eat a creature." Shop price: 60 Artifacts.
- Camping Kit "A Durable canvas sack containing a variety of camping equipment. Carrying this kit lets you stoke campfires. Resting at a stoked fire grants extra health. It costs 10 artifacts to stoke a fire." Campfires are found in Mountains world(s). Shop price: 30 Artifacts.
Notes: This Kit is only available in the Mountains of Madness level.
- Consecration Kit: "A small wooden box containing various implements of blessing or consecrating a person or object." Found in the shadow world accessed by Dusty Book in the hidden room in the second world of the R'lyeh area. The item has no practical use, but is required for the Great Finale.
- Compass: "A simple magnetic compass. Carrying a compass reveals key locations on your mini-map. The compass also points to the exit of the current level." Costs 10 Artifacts in shops. Found easily at start of Dagon world. Shows the direction to the exit at all times and reveals important locations on the map, including Level Entrances, Shops, Idols, Vaults and Level Exits.
- Conjurer's Talisman: "A small stone emblazoned with a blue vortex. Carrying this talisman decreases the number of artifacts it costs to use your special powers." Shop Price: 25 Artifacts.
- Destruction Amulet: "A small stone emblazoned with a red star. Carry this amulet makes your attacks more damaging, and causes your bullets to destroy the terrain." Shop Price: 30 Artifacts.
- Lucky Charm: "A small stone emblazoned with a four-leaf clover. Carry this charm will increase the amount of loot you find on enemies' corpses." Costs 20 Artifacts in shops.
- Holy Symbol: "A small stone tablet bearing a religious marking. It has no apparent utility." Found in the shadow world accessed by Dusty Book in the hidden room in the second world of Dagon area. The item has no practical use, but is required for the Great Finale.
- Soul Stone: Causes picked up souls to be worth more. This item cannot be bought and is only found in the Asylum level.